Here are five festive holiday food apps to get your holiday meal planning underway. Actually you can use most of these apps year-round, but this is a season of baking and cooking. I have been baking something or another almost every week for the past few weeks now. Baking and cooking are super fun to me. I’m already trying to figure out what I am going to make next week. These food apps are great for helping you bake cute little fall treats or plan dinner and snacks for those intimate family gatherings. With Hanukkah coming early and Thanksgiving right around the corner, now is the time to plan out all the sweet and savory items that make you go “Yummy yum yum! Photo from here.
Five Festive Holiday Food Apps:
- BigOven is great because it has a couple hundred thousand recipes that you can search through with vivid images. I love the food apps with great pictures. BigOven also has a menu planner and a grocery list. This app is available on the Apple and Android systems, and it is free.
- How To Cook Everything by New York Times columnist Mark Bittman and based on his bestselling cookbook is a treasure trove of menus. While you do have to pay for the app, it makes up for it with a shopping lists, favorite recipes list, and the option to share recipes among friends and family. This is one of the best food apps for both beginners and experienced foodies. Not bad for $4.99. It is only available on the Apple App Store, and it looks great on my iPad.
- Allrecipes.com has several apps available like their DinnerSpinner – which my friend Jesika loves- and their Your Kitchen Inpsiration app-which I love. With five different apps for Apple, Android, Kindle, and Windows, it is super easy to get your cook, bake, and eat on this holiday season.
- Pinterest is the one app that I keep going back to on my Android phone, iPad tablet, and Macbook, because it has oodles and oodles of recipes. I can find recipes for baking on there. I can find recipes for jolly cocktails or look for food recipes by holiday or time of day. The fact that I can easily organize them by board or send them to friends. I love the sharing feature. My hair dresser and I share pins all day every single day.
- Bon Appetit’s Thanksgiving app is only available in the Apple App Store, but it is free. I wish my Android sisters could see this app in all of its glory because it is really great. You can look through tasty recipes, use the already planned menus, customize your own menu, look at foodie and cocktail tip guides, use the timer to manage your Thanksgiving planning/cooking more wisely, and watch informative videos. Whoo!! Popped a pie in the oven I’m sweatin’!! That’s a lot of good stuff.
Hopefully all of these apps help you get your grub on this holiday season. Now I’m off to plan my next big meal.