I’ve been trying to write this blog post for what seems like forever. Last week when I was trying to write my Dollar Tree haul post, my internet kept going out. My internet has been cutting off and on. I am about to lose it to ATT on the phone if it doesn’t stop acting up. UGH!!!
The holidays can be a stressful time. Couple that with the anxiety most people seem to be feeling this year, and it all can be a bit overwhelming. If you are stressed out or looking for a good post workout stretch session try this video from JessicaSmithTV. I’ve been using her workout videos on YouTube for awhile now, and I really like them.
After the events of last week, my anxiety has been on level 10. I have had a hard time sleeping and eating, and just trying to calm down has been very hard. My anxiety seems to flare up and then go back down again. I know there are bunch of people who are probably suffering from anxiety too. I wanted to make a guide to teach people how to ease anxiety. Here are a list of things that have helped me in those down periods.
Things That Have Helped Me Ease Anxiety
- Listening to music. I have been listening to this YouTube channel called YellowBrickCinema that has a ton of videos, many 6-8 hours long, with different soothing sounds like nature sounds or calming guitar strokes.
- Watch your favorite YouTube channels. I have been watching Game of Thrones theory videos. Nonstop.
- Do some kind of craft. A few days ago, I finished sewing a sample for my clothing line, and then I sewed a tote bag using some Ant-Man themed fabric.
- Pray/Meditate. Get spiritual in whatever works for you.
- Watch trash TV or Netflix. I’ve been watching a few of my favorite period pieces on Amazon Prime. Pride and Prejudice is sooo relaxing. The Real Housewives of New Jersey also just started back up.
- Limit your social media/the news intake. Sometimes being in the know does more harm than good.
- Spend time with family and friends. Try and spend some time with your loved ones. Even if it is just a phone call, you will feel much better after you speak with them.
- Play a game on your phone or computer. Pokémon Go is so fun right now. It can also be used as a form of exercise because it gets you out and moving. Exercise raises your endorphins, and endorphins boost your mood.