Easy boho chic style is not hard to find at Avenue. They have a ton of great pieces for any occasion and style, but there boho chic pieces really caught my eye. They look so fun to wear, and they are very on trend with fashion today. I love when you can find some plus size clothes that fit today’s style instead of “new” plus size clothes that are seriously dated. Y’all know that is a pet peeve of mine. I really, really hate when certain plus size brands are behind the times. It is annoying. Anyway. These dresses that I found at Avenue are super cute and fun for the summer.
[show_ms_widget id=”29550779″ image_id=”32229423″ width=”735″ height=”1102″]
There are so many great options out there for plus size partywear. Anybody can find something great to wear to their next holiday office party or New Year’s Eve bash. There are skirts and dresses, jumpsuits, and the like. Everything sparkles and glows for a really festive look.
This week’s ‘currently craving’ item is the little black dress, or LBD as it is referred to by many people. Every woman needs to have a little black dress tucked away in their closets; they are the perfect outfit when you are looking for something last minute to throw on, especially if you aren’t in the mood to go shopping, which should never be the case! Little black dresses come in so many different styles, you should never be hesitant to purchase more than one black dress, because not every little black dress is appropriate for every event. To my curvy fashionistas, fear not, little black dresses come in our size too, this post is dedicated to you!
Lane Bryant’s Little Black Dresses
To see more of LB’s collection of Little Black Dresses, click here.
Forever21+ Little Black Dress
To see more of Forever21+’s collection of dresses, click here.
Avenue Little Black Dresses (3)
ASOS Curve Little Black Dresses
Lace Dress With Bardot Neckline – $55.56
ASOS CURVE Exclusive Body-Conscious Dress With Lace Top – $25.93
To see more of ASOS Curves Little Black Dress collection, click here.
Happy shopping ladies!
So, we all know that Valentine’s Day is less than a day away, but if you’re like me and you don’t have any plans to spend Valentine’s Day with your special someone, wait I shouldn’t say that. I will be spending the day with my special someone, more like my something special; my credit cards!
There are many clothing, accessory, and beauty stores, both online and in-store, with some amazing deals for the Valentine’s/President’s Day weekend. Below, I have listed a few coupon codes for a variety of stores. If you know of any more coupon codes, list them below in the comment section!
- 20% off when you buy 2 items | Code: AV141060
- 30% off when you buy 3 items | Code: AV141060
- 40% off when you buy 4 or more items | Code: AV141060
- Free standard shipping on any order over $125
- 15% off first purchase
- Join mailing list today and receive 15% off next order
- Free ground shipping on any order, for a limited time only.
- Additional 30% off End of Season clearance, limited time only.
- $10 off $50 regular or sale | Code: 37429724
- $20 off $100 regular or sale | Code: 23818576
- $30 off $150 regular or sale | Code: 77202872
Ends February 14th, *exclusions apply
- 20% off purchase, ends at 7:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time | Code: VALENTINES20
- Free ground shipping within the continental US on orders above $75
- Free shipping on purchases of $50 or more
- $25 off $75 | Code: FEBGIFTLB
- $50 off $150 | Code: FEBGIFTLB
- $75 off $225 | Code: FEBGIFTLB
- Buy one denim, get one 50% off
- Free shipping with $99 purchase. No code. No end date. Excludes furniture and mattresses. US only
- Extra 20% off women, men, shoes, handbags, bed & bath, home, juniors, etc.
- Online exclusive: extra 25% off clearance
- 20% off your first order | Code: 6020
- Free shipping on orders $75 or more (includes free tracked shipping)
- 20% off next order when you spend $120 | Code: 6121
- $15 off $100 (Bras only)
- $30 off $150 (Bras only)
- $75 off $250 (Bras only)
- Code: Spring14 | expires February 13, 2014 at 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST)
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it’s only right that we provide all of our curvy readers with a What to Wear to a Thanksgiving Dinner post.
First things first, when picking an outfit to wear for thanksgiving, whether it be to a thanksgiving dinner with family, or a thanksgiving party, it’s best if you incorporate some of the following colors.
1. Shades of Purple
– Dark plum, maroon or burgundy shades
– Reminiscent of apple cider and cranberry sauce
– Brighten and liven up dark shades of grey and taupe with a plum scarf or burgundy cardigan.
*No restrictions means you can eat as much as you want without your pants getting too tight or your belt pressing into your skin.*
Shop ASOS now and get $10 off your FIRST purchase; when you spend $100 or more. Promo Code: 10WELCOME
2. Shades of Red
– Rich color and very earthy
– Similar to the fall leaves on the trees
– Thanksgiving reds have golden or bronze undertones, enhancing the complexity of the shade.
– You can pair with browns and accents of [mustard] yellow.
Complete this look with a pair of leggings, if you choose, or wear it plain.
Shop Lane Bryant now and get 40% off $150; 50% off $250, plus free shipping when you spend $125! Enter code: WOWMELB
3. Shades of Green
– Green is a perfect color to make you stand out
– Wear with warm or yellowing shades of green, such as olive green, which is the perfect accent to the earthy tones. For example, an olive green dress with earthy brown and [mustard] yellow.
Shop Dorothy Perkins now and get up to 30% off of everything and free shipping on orders over $50! Enter code: DPSHIP50
4. Shades of Orange
-Reminiscent of pumpkins, sweet potatoes and persimmons
– If you dress in orange, keep shades bold but more on the pastoral side, such as a burnt orange.
-Taupe or other shades of brown with accents of orange can make an outfit pop!
Complete this look with this Metallic Cable Knit Cardigan from Nordstrom!
Shop Forever21 now and get 21% off new items, and free shipping for purchases over $50! Also, shop Nordstrom now and get 40% off of your purchase with their half-yearly sale! Free shipping and Free returns all the time!
5. Shades of Brown
– Core colors of the fall
– Any shade of brown will work
– Light beige shades of brown would work.
– More neutral earth tones of browns are also excellent options
– Be sure to keep your outfit exciting by incorporating bright colors such as green, yellow, red or orange!
Complete this look with a pair of dark wash stretch jeggings and a nice pair of boots.
Shop Avenue now and get $25 off your $100 purchase*; use AV131310 at checkout. *Excludes Maidenform and gift cards.* Also, get free standard shipping on any order over $125.
With fall being the “must-have” coat season, it’s only right to show you more plus size coats. We here at TFAS have to update you, and bring you more because the last post didn’t have these great options in them. After looking through the several sites my intern Denesha was able to pull three jackets that she is currently craving right now!
1. Fabiola Wide Calf Boot, $39.95 ($59.95 – VIP Price), JustFab 2. Women’s Ryder Riding Boot, $49.99 (regular price is $59.99), Payless 3. Campbell Two Tone Riding Boot, $84.00 (on sale for $69.99), Avenue 4.Clean Riding Boot, $79.95,(on sale for $47.97) , Lane Bryant
As plus-size women, we struggle with a lot of ill-fitting clothing and accessories. Not to mention the struggle of finding wide calf boots during the fall and winter months. I am writing this post with compassion, because I too am affected by this problem. With boots being a fall fashion must-have, it is kind of hard to be without them. Below. I have written a few tips that will help you find wide calf boots as well as the best places to find these boots within your specific price range.
How to Find Wide-Calf Boots:
- When looking for boots that fit for wider calves, look for elastic material that is embedded in the shoe’s material. The elastic makes the boot fit perfectly around your calf. However, if you do not like elastic material, some stores and/or online retailers, like Payless, carry boots that are made specifically for wide calves. Payless, for example, labels the shoes “Extended Calf Wide” and they go up to a size 13 online! If you want to learn more about how to choose the correct calf size when shopping online, click here.
It is just about as hard to find a cute plus size swim cover-up as it is to find a cute plus size swimsuit. When you find one, you have to snatch it up immediately. The Beaded Print Cover-up from Avenue is gorgeous! It is $48 and come is a beautiful print with a little beaded action in the middle. Jump on this plus size swim cover-up before it is too late.
1. Eileen Fisher High-Collar Down Coat-Saks Fifth Avenue $378.00 2.Plus Size Pleated Double Breasted Coat-Avenue $148.00 3.Textured Coat with Back Detail-ASOS Curve $175.90 4.Women’s Plus Long Wool-Blend Coat-Old Navy $59.00
Finding a plus size winter coat that fits is one thing. Finding a cute plus size winter coat is another. Luckily plus size brands have been stepping up their coat game something fierce. I found a few cute coats from the brands above, but they weren’t they only cute plus size winter coats that I found. The amount of plus size winter coats out there is amazing. Photos from Avenue, Old Navy, ASOS, and Saks Fifth Avenue.