OK so I attempted to do a DIY just to try it out and see how it would turn out. I bought a sweatshirt , Aleene’s Platinum Bond Fabric Glue, and some bows from Walmart. Here is what I did. Sorry my images suck.
- 4-looped Bow
- Aleene’s Platinum Bond Fabric Glue
- Fabric chalk or Sharpie
- Find your sweatshirt and bow.
- Put your shirt on and figure where the center of your shirt is, especially if the shirt has the V shaped thing under the collar. Sometimes the collars aren’t sewn that well anyway.
- Mark the center of your shirt.
- Glue the back of the bow and place it where your mark is. Press the bow on your shirt for a few minutes.
- Now sew through the middle of the bow and the sweatshirt. Now you will see why I chose a four-looped bow. Pull back the front loop and sew through the bottom loop on both sides of the bow.
- Then hang your sweatshirt up so the rest of the glue can dry.