Check out these low end/high end alternatives from the Torrid website. I found them while trying to surf their rush hour $19.99 bootie sale last week. I also had a recent convo on twitter with Garner Style about knockoffs. I sit on the fence when it comes to knockoffs. I also truly believe in the trickle down/ trickle up theory of fashion. That means that fashion either comes from the Haute Couture and moves down into the masses or moves from the street upward.I also realize that people want to look good and have the latest threads but may not be able to afford or fit in them, so they get the knockoff version.
The thing I don’t like is a blatant copy. Change the buckle, make it in a different color, respect the designer’s hard work, and don’t make these goods in sweatshops where the money goes to drugs or terrorism. I once read a report where the boss of a factory broke the legs of the children who worked there and then tied their legs together so they couldn’t move. Why would you want to support something like this? So think twice before you buy a fake bag out of Auntie Kiki’s car at the gas station.
That being said, I believe that these Dollhouse shoes are apart of the trickle down theory. I hope so, because they are really cute and I want a pair.
Wishpot is great because you can make a wish list based on the things you want to buy or buy for other people. It is also a great resource for people getting married or having babies because they have a wedding and baby registry section. They list toys,clothes, accessories, tech gadgets, and so much more. You should definitely check this out if you are looking for new items to add to your wardrobe, or to help you pick out that special gift for any holiday.
Shop It To Me is also a great site because the SaleMail emails are specifically tailored to you. When you sign up, you fill out a quick 5 min survey that lets you pick your favorite brands, types of clothing you want to buy,and the size of all articles of clothing. What impressed me was the fact that you can chose between mens,womens, boys, and girls’ clothing. They also have plus sizes, maternity sizes, petite sizes, and regular sizes. After that you get to pick which day you want to you want the emails to come to your inbox, …… and TA-DA what seems like bunches and bunches of clothes that are ON SALE are placed in that one email. IF you really want a steal and a deal on clothes in your size, this is the site for you.
Here are some Steals and Deals:
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $25 with code AKHAFF. Valid through 7.30.09.
- EXTENDED! 15% Off Orders with code DEAL15. Valid through 7.30.09.
- NEW! Best of Summer: up to 30% off.
- NEW! Dresses: fall’s hottest styles starting at $29.50.
- Free US Groung Shipping on ALL purchases over $100 with code FREESHIP100..
- Save 10% when you spend £45 or more. Enter UNIQ10OFF45 at checkout to redeem. Expires 31st December, 2009
- Free Delivery when you spend £45 or more. Enter UNIQDEL45 at checkout to redeem. Expires 31st December, 2009
- Save up to 50% off at Benefit’s Summer Sale-abration! For a limited time only, get hot deals on some of our hottest products! Visit our Buh-Buys section now!
- Get a FREE california kissin’ with any $35 purchase. No promo code necessary. Product automatically ships with your order.
- Free Delivery on all orders over £50 – enter voucher code FREEDELI at the checkout!
- Save Up To 35% Off Women’s Jeans at Dollhouse.com Offer is good until August 15th!