With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it’s only right that we provide all of our curvy readers with a What to Wear to a Thanksgiving Dinner post.
First things first, when picking an outfit to wear for thanksgiving, whether it be to a thanksgiving dinner with family, or a thanksgiving party, it’s best if you incorporate some of the following colors.
1. Shades of Purple
– Dark plum, maroon or burgundy shades
– Reminiscent of apple cider and cranberry sauce
– Brighten and liven up dark shades of grey and taupe with a plum scarf or burgundy cardigan.
*No restrictions means you can eat as much as you want without your pants getting too tight or your belt pressing into your skin.*
Shop ASOS now and get $10 off your FIRST purchase; when you spend $100 or more. Promo Code: 10WELCOME
2. Shades of Red
– Rich color and very earthy
– Similar to the fall leaves on the trees
– Thanksgiving reds have golden or bronze undertones, enhancing the complexity of the shade.
– You can pair with browns and accents of [mustard] yellow.
Complete this look with a pair of leggings, if you choose, or wear it plain.
Shop Lane Bryant now and get 40% off $150; 50% off $250, plus free shipping when you spend $125! Enter code: WOWMELB
3. Shades of Green
– Green is a perfect color to make you stand out
– Wear with warm or yellowing shades of green, such as olive green, which is the perfect accent to the earthy tones. For example, an olive green dress with earthy brown and [mustard] yellow.
Shop Dorothy Perkins now and get up to 30% off of everything and free shipping on orders over $50! Enter code: DPSHIP50
4. Shades of Orange
-Reminiscent of pumpkins, sweet potatoes and persimmons
– If you dress in orange, keep shades bold but more on the pastoral side, such as a burnt orange.
-Taupe or other shades of brown with accents of orange can make an outfit pop!
Complete this look with this Metallic Cable Knit Cardigan from Nordstrom!
Shop Forever21 now and get 21% off new items, and free shipping for purchases over $50! Also, shop Nordstrom now and get 40% off of your purchase with their half-yearly sale! Free shipping and Free returns all the time!
5. Shades of Brown
– Core colors of the fall
– Any shade of brown will work
– Light beige shades of brown would work.
– More neutral earth tones of browns are also excellent options
– Be sure to keep your outfit exciting by incorporating bright colors such as green, yellow, red or orange!
Complete this look with a pair of dark wash stretch jeggings and a nice pair of boots.
Shop Avenue now and get $25 off your $100 purchase*; use AV131310 at checkout. *Excludes Maidenform and gift cards.* Also, get free standard shipping on any order over $125.