I haven’t done a personal/lifestyle type post in a long time. I love to do them, but I feel like I should only do them when it feels right, you know? I should only do them when the writing pours from within me out onto the screen. Well I just bought Kelly Cutrone’s new book Normal Gets You Nowhere.Everyone that bought it the other day has said that it is a wealth of knowledge just like her first book. Everybody also said that everyone should read the second chapter, which is dedicated to sexual knowledge. I decided to stop working on final projects to read it, and I have to say, that chapter got me to thinking. While I may not agree with her on some things, I do believe that having sexual knowledge is power, and you can quote me on that.
Below is what Kelly calls the Kella-Sutra. Below that you find the Jai-Sutra or whatever.
- If you don’t know yourself and what you want, then you have no business being in bed with someone else.
- Do not be in places where you don’t want to be, especially in states of intoxication.
- The whole wait-two-days-before-you-call thing is a bunch of bullshit.
- If it’s happening at the zoo, it could or should be happening to you.
- Do not pretend things are happening for you if they are not.
- Take no prisoners; and if you do, make sure you untie them in the morning, so they can go to work and make money.
- Lovemaking does not always have to involve a penis and a vagina ( or two penises or two vaginas).
- If you’re not getting fucked by midnight, go home.
- If you’re sleeping with a married man, you’re helping him stay married.
- Just because you’re great lovers doesn’t mean you’re going to live happily ever after.