Whether you love it or hate it, there’s no denying it: Valentine’s Day is coming up. With only a week to go before the annual love affair, you might be at a loss as to what you want to give as a token of love and gratitude to your significant other or a loved one.
You may not be able to buy love, but you can save on it. I know for me life as a college student can make romantic dates, or a “thinking of you” gift a little difficult. However, the best Valentine’s Day gifts are the ones that come from the heart, not the ones that break your wallet.
Gift Idea 1: Scrapbooks: All relationships have a story to tell, and the day that is dedicated to the affirmation of your love is an excellent time to remember the special moments of the friendship or the relationship. This can include keepsakes from your first date or a picture taken when you were kids. Decorating the pages with special quotes or song lyrics will add the perfect touch to this scrapbook.
Gift Idea 2: Fun Day: There are some things that don’t require the expense of two meals, two movie tickets or two tubs of popcorn – the most expensive of them all. If you’re in college use those discounts to your advantage! If the weather is nice, consider a day at the park with a nice picnic or even a night out at the park with some hot cocoa or tea and some blankets for stargazing. Be creative!
Gift Idea 3: Netflix Binge: Almost everyone has either a Netflix or a Hulu+ account. If you are one of those people without either, ask a friend if you could use his/her account for the night. For the individuals who don’t have a significant other, grab a couple of your friends who don’t have any plans either and plan a Netflix binge. There are a lot of romantic comedies, such as “Maid in Manhattan,” “Clueless” and “I Hate Valentine’s Day” – ironic, right? There are also classic movies, such as “Grease,” “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and “The Great Gatsby.”
Valentine’s Day is supposed to be a day where you enjoy the presence of your loved ones or significant other, if you choose your ideas wisely, you can be as budget-friendly as possible.
So, we all know that Valentine’s Day is less than a day away, but if you’re like me and you don’t have any plans to spend Valentine’s Day with your special someone, wait I shouldn’t say that. I will be spending the day with my special someone, more like my something special; my credit cards!
There are many clothing, accessory, and beauty stores, both online and in-store, with some amazing deals for the Valentine’s/President’s Day weekend. Below, I have listed a few coupon codes for a variety of stores. If you know of any more coupon codes, list them below in the comment section!
- 20% off when you buy 2 items | Code: AV141060
- 30% off when you buy 3 items | Code: AV141060
- 40% off when you buy 4 or more items | Code: AV141060
- Free standard shipping on any order over $125
- Join mailing list today and receive 15% off next order
- Free ground shipping on any order, for a limited time only.
- Additional 30% off End of Season clearance, limited time only.
- $10 off $50 regular or sale | Code: 37429724
- $20 off $100 regular or sale | Code: 23818576
- $30 off $150 regular or sale | Code: 77202872
Ends February 14th, *exclusions apply
- 20% off purchase, ends at 7:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time | Code: VALENTINES20
Fashion To Figure:
- Free ground shipping within the continental US on orders above $75
- Free shipping on purchases of $50 or more
- $25 off $75 | Code: FEBGIFTLB
- $50 off $150 | Code: FEBGIFTLB
- $75 off $225 | Code: FEBGIFTLB
- Buy one denim, get one 50% off
- Free shipping with $99 purchase. No code. No end date. Excludes furniture and mattresses. US only
- Extra 20% off women, men, shoes, handbags, bed & bath, home, juniors, etc.
- Online exclusive: extra 25% off clearance
- 20% off your first order | Code: 6020
- Free shipping on orders $75 or more (includes free tracked shipping)
- 20% off next order when you spend $120 | Code: 6121
- $15 off $100 (Bras only)
- $30 off $150 (Bras only)
- $75 off $250 (Bras only)
- Code: Spring14 | expires February 13, 2014 at 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Calling all creatives and crafters… Operation Valentine needs you!
Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it! Operation Valentine is a program which provides deployed servicemembers with blank valentines to send home to their loved ones. That is where you can help! By giving a few minutes of your time, you can boost the morale of both our deployed troops overseas and the families who support them on the homefront. Your help will give servicemembers a resource that they would not ordinarily have.
Be a part of something big. Of something warm. Of something filled with love and appreciation.
Resolve to do good in 2010.
1. Design and create a Valentine’s Day or love-themed card(s) that is left blank inside. Please, no bulky and/or heavy embellishments.
2. Send your card(s) along with a blank envelope(s) to:
P.O. Box 2290
Rogers, Arkansas 72757-2290
Please Note: Deployed servicemembers send mail home at no cost, so there is no need to add postage to the blank envelope(s).
3. Please have your package postmarked by Friday, January 15, 2010.
4. Are you not crafty? That’s okay! You can still help! Leave a comment at http://delaneygates.typepad.com if you’d like to donate toward the cost of postage and the p.o. box.
Please help spread the word! Feel free to copy and paste the above blog post to share on your own blog, on Facebook, in an email to all of your contacts or link to it on Twitter!