This weekend went from me being happy and excited to dreary and thinking about the frailty of life. I was going to look at apartments and furniture. Then I got the call that my aunt was gravely ill. It stopped me right in my tracks. All I could do was sit and stare at a wall. I’m not good at the emotional stuff. I don’t know how to handle sick and dying people. I don’t know how to handle hospital visits, so I avoid people and hospitals all together. It’s a horrible habit…I know.
I decided to make a video to tell you guys where I am in my life right now. Enjoy and don’t forget to comment! I thought this blog post had gone out already, but apparently WordPress is trippin!
As you all know I have been pretty busy with work and school. Please bear with me here. I get done with school on Aug. 5th, so hopefully I can get back to my schedule. I am also trying to make a few small changes to the site. You may or may not notice them. If you do notice something or think something is off, please email me at [email protected] I hope you all are having fashiontastic week. 🙂
I am finally done with my first semester of grad school. I finished my projects and my exams. I learned so much about fashion. I designed a couple of collections by drawing flats, I made yet another marketing plan, and I took a textiles class which I hated. My friend told me that everyone hates textile class, so I am OK with that.
I also had a massage today at the Urban Nirvana Spa to take away my stress. I am so excited to be done, but I am very anxious to see my grades. I think I did pretty well. 🙂 Now am I looking for internships and trying to plan a trip to Boston. If anybody knows any good places to stay or go in Boston please tell me .
UPDATE: Just so everyone knows, I am still interning with Stylehop.com. I love Stylehop.com, but I am an overachiever and would like to have another one during the summer. I am always looking for things to add to my resume and build experience from. I could work at a store, work with a stylist, do pr work, or anything else fashion related. I am just hungry for more experience. lol 🙂
Today I told my dad that I want to move. He has known for a while that I am ready to fly the coop, but I think it didn’t hit him until now. He tells people that he is going build a second part onto the back of the house for me and my husband when we get married. That ain’t happening.
The recession is hurting the job market, but I have started looking for jobs again anyway. I want to move to Charlotte, Atlanta, or New York. I want to get a job in fashion, but I don’t want to move too far a way too soon because I think that might make my parents nervous.
Living in New York City for a summer is one thing, but moving there for an extended stay is another thing. I would love to move there, but I see the doubt in my dad’s eyes. I think he would be sad if I left. Oh well I got to leave sometime. LOL!
I started graduate school already, and I officially graduate from college in May. I need to get cracking. I always feel like time is running out.
These are some of the pictures I am gathering for my first apartment’s inspiration board. I think they are fun, girly, chic, sophisticated, and so me. I hope you enjoy them.
Photos from We Heart It.
This week I started grad school at the Academy of Art University. I am planning on earning a Masters of Fine Art in Fashion Merchandising. So far all has been well. I am taking three online classes. Crazy you say, why yes I already know that. I am trying to balance school, Delta Sigma Theta, guitar and photography lessons, and my own personal life. Hopefully I will be able to have free time to run this blog and have a personal life in the process. I don’t want to get twisted.
2. I start grad school at the Academy of Art University in Jan., so I can get a Masters of Fine Art in fashion merchandising.
3. I love fashion,
4. books and magazines;
5. Therefore, I collect books and magazines on fashion.
6. I am an intern for STYLEHOP.COM. It is a fashion website for college women. JOIN IT OR DIE!!!! I mean stylehop sounds better than death.
7. I love all kinds of music from techno to country to rap to classical, but my favorite type of music is HOUSE MUSIC.
8. I sometimes play the cello when I don’t have fake nails on, and I just learned how to play the guitar. That was something I wanted to do since before I was 6.
9. I used to want to be a DJ, and my name was going to be DJ Lazy I. hah hah get it bah dump bum. *as the sound of bad joke drums and cymbals crash*
10. My best friend Karma and I love Gossip Girl so much that sometimes we text each other just like the narrator in GG. xoxo
11. Sometimes I feel like there is no shame in my game. I’m weird ,who cares. For example I used to curse in my head. Now I don’t care so everyone thinks this is some new occurrence, but it really isn’t.
12. Sometimes being l’enfant unique can be lonely but most of the time, I enjoy being alone. I think my life is a bunch of contradictions.
13. I don’t think I am getting married,but I have my wedding planned out already. Don’t be surprised if I move away and come back home one Christmas with some child or children I adopted. Adoption is cool. My life is better because of it.
14. I want to move away from SC, because, from my experience, nobody judges you as much in bigger cites where everyone is more unique or different.
15. I believe in abstinence and will unfortunately and more than likely be like this until I die at the tender old age of 92 or 102 whatever. What can I say, we all make our choices, as for me, the candy shop is closed.
16. Sometimes I feel like no one knows the real me. I guess it is kinda cool to be very open and closed with my life. Maybe I’m delusion, but I think it might make me a little mysterious.