Hey Guys! I wanted to give you a little update about my life since I moved and started fashion design school. As you can see I blog pretty sporadically now, but I do try to keep at least 2-3 posts up each week. That is because the move and school has been super hectic. I can’t wait until Spring Break!!!! I need lots and lots of sleep.
Reworking or adding to and taking away things from your vision board can sure make you emotional. I am always talking about vision boards. Always. I love them. When I started them a few years ago, I had no idea how influential they would be on my life. I am almost on the verge of tears looking at some of the things that I have done and finished and some of the things I have yet to do and am steadily praying for to happen. The tiny cork board is filled, basically too crowded for words, with post it notes, phrases, and pictures. Sometimes I wonder will I ever find love, will I move to NYC and be successful, will I ever fulfill my hopes, dreams, and desires? Something inside of me will always say no, but then something inside of me will always say yes. Not just because I pray for these things to happen, but because I walk by my vision board each day, and see the things that I have achieved and the things I will achieve. Photo from here.
I was super busy last week. I went to San Francisco with my parents to graduate from the Academy of Art University with a MFA in Fashion Journalism. I am exhausted and excited! Thanks for all of your support during these long three years. In that time, my blog went from a hobby to my final graduate thesis project. Now I can relax, try to get a job, or try for my second masters or Ph.D. Who knows what the future will bring?!?!?
|Photo from Flickr.|
- I’ve been sick since Valentine’s Day. I feel better, but I still have a lingering, nagging cough.
- I did advisement for classes, and it turned out pretty wretched. I have to take classes and do my mid-point review this summer. I don’t have any classes scheduled for next fall because the other class I need isn’t being offered this summer or fall. The other classes I need to take later on are on hold because I can’t even try to take them until I pass my mid-point review.
- So now I am probably not moving to New York City this summer, or any time this year.
I am trying to think positively. I am trying to tell myself that it is all for the best… etc… etc. I guess I just need to be patient and let life happen as it is supposed to happen, but I feel like I am missing out on certain opportunities. Everything happens for a reason. I just hope these setbacks are happening for a good reason.
- Intro to Journalism: I am learning how to write like a journalist.
- Style Icons in Fashion and Media: I am learning about the style icons that have influenced the fashion world.
- Intro to Styling: I am learning to be a stylist…YAY! Fun!
I feel like even though school is tough, I can accomplish anything.